Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm pretty much awesome.

So, in fact, quitting your job leads to a lot of extra time on your hands. I will be awarding myself for the following:

  • Hanging pictures
  • Cleaning floors for the first time in the new house (I mean, actually mopping. I do vacummn...whenever the combo of chest hair, head hair, and dog hair in the corners gets to be too bad)
  • Baking crusty, chewy homemade bread....oh and banana bread which wasn't quite as awesome because it had honey in it and I hate the taste of honey. I can still eat it though because I undercooked it just a little so the top is just a tad gummy. You know that's the best way. And it counteracts the taste of honey.
  • Made the bed multiple times (compared to the only when I changed the sheets when I was working.
  • Made a new throw pillow which Rick loves. He loves throw pillows, especially throwing them across the room.
  • Rearranged the guest bedroom. Ok, I actually only did this because my mother told me too. She's bossy.
  • Did and am doing laundry regularly. Which has made me realized we really don't have enough hangers. I never noticed before because we usually had a hamper full of dirty clothes all the time. And when I say we don't have enough hangers, I mean, enough of the matching teal velvet ones. I like things to coordinate.
  • And for the piece de resistance (I totally just googled that for spelling) the menu for the last week or two:
  • Homemade pork potstickers and fried rice (OK, I'm not going to type homemade in front of everything. I don't want to wear out my fingers).
  • Potato Soup
  • Black Eye Peas and Rice
  • French Onion Soup (made with a pale ale..delish)
  • Calzones with home made crust
  • Sausage and Greens Soup with Cornbread Dumplings
  • Pork Cutlets Diane with mashed potatoes
  • Black Eye Pea Dip
  • Beef and Beer Stew
  • Pork Chops with Spinach and Cheesy Polenta
  • Chicken Enchiladas
  • Spicy Mac and Cheese (technically this wasn't homemade...thanks, Annie in the purple box on sale at Kroger for like 50 cents a box.)
  • And other stuff I forgot but I'm sure it was good. Pretty sure.
I have also made multiple pots of coffee, watched hours of Hulu and movies, and twiddled my thumbs. Did I mention Rick cancelled our cable? I say this not to brag but to find out if anyone has the perfect three day a week or morning only job for me. Something fun and stress free. Please?

I forgot: I rewarded myself by eating like ten mini kosher dill pickles from a teacup. I love that I never have to share my mini pickles with Rick. That's awesome. I love him.

3 comments:

  1. I miss you so much. I was thinking now that you have some time on your hands I could use a visit from you. Erik is in the dessert so it would be great. I even could keep you busy with a few things I would like to get done. Your amazing it sounds like you are doing awesome. I hope to talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're alive!! Why did you quit your job? MIss you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so freaking funny. This post gave me major LOL's. I can't believe you wrote out a bulleted list of things you've done. I love it. Not working is pretty awesome isn't it?

    ReplyDelete