Saturday, January 26, 2013

To all the mothers out there

What are you doing reading this? Go take a nap. Seriously, if you have time to sit here reading this you are choosing poorly or you do not have a baby. Or your baby isn't screaming herself to sleep several times a day. (Not to name names *cough, cough* Paige).

I didn't realize that having a baby would make you want a glass of wine at ten in the morning. I haven't partaken yet but I've been close. Part of the problem is we are currently in an extended stay hotel in Alabama while Rick goes through a two month officer school. Originally he was supposed to deploy in January so we decided to take advantage of our unexpected time together and come with him. Actually, come to think of it, I may have been drinking when making that decision. It is hard, HARD, being away from home with an infant. Cloth diapering, healthy eating, and then grad school obligations don't help. I had not planned on putting Paige on a schedule until we got back home and even then it was just a passing thought. With every screaming fit though, that thought gets closer and closer to a reality. I've actually been tracking her natural schedule (nerd alert!) for a few days. She usually goes a couple days in a nice pattern and then switches it around the next. I don't plan on locking her down on a minute to minute schedule but if we could at least get a loose schedule established it might save my sanity.

So schedule making for the next few days will probably be what happens. Wish us luck and lots of visits from Mr. Sandman. Like I keep telling her, at least she's good looking.

1 comment:

  1. How much I love you. Your amazing. It's all worth it for sure. Learning all the motherly stuff. I wish you all the luck. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete