Monday, August 1, 2011

Manly Men


Not only am I drinking my coffee black like a real man, I'm posting pictures of me doing manly construction type stuff, too. Like a real man. Who uses craft supplies to draw straight lines and complains about how heavy the saw is after cutting six inches. A real man I tell you. I'm even wearing my own work gloves. That I didn't even know I owned.

I had to post two pictures of myself to capture all the awesomeness.

Okay, Dad helped a little. Though all the tools are mine....like that heavy duty staple gun he is using. Mine.

After only a few dizzy spells caused by the swell Arkansas heat combined with not drinking any water (you don't drink water when you are doing real men's work), all finally resulted in this:


I just realized you probably don't know what it looked like before. Just imagine a black pit of despair without the lattice containing all the despair.

See that sad dog on top of the stairs? She is crying because I took away her mud/dirt bath area. Now she's going to have to pay top dollar to go to the spa for her treatments. So sad. Try not to be envious of my backyard oasis. I know it looks really lush.

Obviously, I probably should put some trim along there and maybe some plants. But I need to drink some more black coffee and do some more manly things before I start to accomplish that. And maybe wait for a day when the temperature isn't in the high 90s.

Rick, I'll teach you how to be really manly when you get back. It will take lots of practice but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

2 comments:

  1. LOL your so funny. I was laughing the whole time. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Rachael. Seriously!
    You are the manliest man I've ever met!! :-) Miss you friend. :-(

    ReplyDelete