Sunday, May 31, 2009

Karate in the Garage

No, Rick and I didn't go do karate in the garage. One of us (me) would have gotten hurt and started crying. But can you name that movie?

We did do an activity today though. A really fun adventure that involved water, a boat, a little yelling and frustration, and no sunburns. Any guesses? Really? None? (This is interactive blog day). Okay, you win. I'll tell. We rented a sailboat and went sailing. Which, apparently, slightly terrifies me. We had about 70% of a good time. Once we got past the putting the boat in the water and all that frustration, it was fun. We were just in this tiny Sunfish and Rick kept "hiking" the boat to one side. We would go really fast, my butt would go in the water, and I would scream at him. I was also hanging on for dear life the entire time. Did I mention we were in site of the shore the entire time and in water barely over my head? I did learn all the sailing terms that go with a ten foot sunfish so if you ever need someone to point to the starboard side, I'm your girl. We stayed out for about two hours and will probably go out again. We just have to find someway to avoid putting in and pulling out the boat, aka the 30% that was not fun. Like the complete opposite of fun. Oh and I smashed my finger with the dagger board (let me know if you need a definition of that). That wasn't fun either.

Speaking of fingers, I used my spa day birthday gift yesterday. It was 90% awesome. It loses 10% only for the facial being one of the most painful experiences of my life. I knew I should have snuck out of there when the technician went to get the EXTRACTOR. I can't even talk about it. The massage and mani/pedi were 90% awesome. The pretty pastely pink polish I chose is fleeing from my nails as I type, though, proving I am not girly enough for pink nails. Give me racy red nails any day. They give you enough inner strength to sail without holding on for dear life. Pink is for pansies.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen 7 year olds complain less about a little "hike" on the boat. They didn't complain the whole way (until I got them to fall in the water!!!)

    ReplyDelete