Sunday, June 5, 2011

The homestead



First and foremost, a quick pic of Bill I accidentally added. I was able to snap it before he realized I was using the soul-capturing machine (his words, not mine. I just refer to it as the camera). He's old. Really really old. And dirty and stinky.

Back to the important stuff:

I'm a farmer now. Whoo-hoo! Rick doesn't believe I can grow anything. Here's proof:













The pictures are pretty hazy because of the humidity I think. We aren't going to dwell on that. Or the fact that those plants were already that big when I bought them. Instead we are going to look at the awesome beds my dad and brother helped me make even after I explained I would take all the credit for making them. We have three tomato plants, two bell pepper plants, jalapeno, squash, and zucchini plants. There is also some basil, parsley, and cilantro in there. I'm probably going to move the squash or zucchini plants bc it's a little crowded. Hopefully, I'll get at least a couple tomatoes by the time Rick gets home. Just be forewarned, there will be lots of bragging and gushing about how great I am at gardening and how beautiful my bounty is. Just a couple up close and personal pictures to help you imagine the beauty that is yet to come.

Our cherry tomato plant has a bloom.

So does the jalapeno plant. It was just watered. In case you couldn't tell.

The interior of the homestead is currently pretty messy. I have finally become successful in completely trashing the house in just a few hours. Please send my awards for this right away. Thank you.

While I was trashing it yesterday I was also making curtains for the bedroom. So it wasn't completely pointless.

Just ignore the clothes on the bed. I'm sure they were folded and put away right after I took that picture. Not just shoved under the bed like I may have done the other day when my mom came to visit. May have.

There may be a need for further photos of the homestead to be accessible by all of the internet drones but I'll have to check. So stay tuned for possibly more photos if I haven't already posted them. If I were to make an educated guess based on my blogging history, I would say I had not. We'll see.

You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. you just crack me up. How I miss you. I love your garden. I am totally trying the same thing but am finding I do not have a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you buy plants that are basically already grown. Then you can blame it on some blight if they die later. "They were doing so well. I don't know what happened!" Sob.

    ReplyDelete