Sunday, June 5, 2011

Super Star Blogger Here!

Twice in one day!

Ok, I just realized I have never posted any pictures of the new house. New to us, of course. Except of course the one I posted about two minutes ago before I reread the blog to see if I actually HAD posted other pictures. Which I hadn't. Got that?

These are a few months old. I haven't taken any since because either the camera is MIA or I need to clean. Usually it's I need to clean. At least they will prove I haven't been lying to you and we haven't been living in a tent in the middle of a vacant lot.

This outside shot is actually only a couple weeks old. And I just realized the front door is open. Welcome, neighbors. Please come rob us again.

That whole flower bed had huge holly and some other kind of bushes in it. It actually extended around the sidewalk all the way to the driveway. You would open the car door and walk into a holly bush. Besides being overgrown it gave the whole house a prickly demeanor. (Get it? Holly? Prickly? Hilarious, I know). That is probably the biggest change on the outside of the house. Pulling the bushes out was not only some of the best fun I've had in a single afternoon, it completely changed the way the house looks. Next step is getting the grass to spread and paint those mustard yellow shutters. Soon.

Just a close up of one of the hydrangea bushes out front. They have a ton more blooms right now and look great. Which makes up for the four plants I am about to pull up because they died. There are three hydrangeas and a gardenia along with some low lying perennials under the windows. Oh and the crepe myrtle tree. It has a bird's nest in it but I've been scared to check it out. Some bird screams at me the whole time I'm watering so I'm pretty convinced she's going to attack me if I get too close.

I only have pictures of the living room, kitchen, and dining so you'll have to wait for the rest.
This is what you see when you walk in the front door. The TV is to your right. against the wall. Out the back door is a sunporch which we basically just use for the dogs' bedroom.

This is looking back at the rest of the living room and into the kitchen and the dining room. Oh and say hi to Molly looking all cute in the corner. Stay, Molly, stay. We had the kitchen cabinets, walls, and all the trim painted before we moved in. That was the biggest change inside. Before the cabinets and trim were just a wood color and the walls were bright white.

Good girl! Good girl for staying!

Looking into the kitchen and laundry alcove behind. The garage is through there. It holds the cars and a bunch of bikes. Oh and that is a candle on the counter, not a glass of scotch like I first thought. That string is holding our dinner bell which you can't really see. That's right, this house is so big we have to have a dinner bell. (I'm lying yet again. Rick can probably hear me talking normally in the kitchen from the other end of the house. He's just not listening.)

Just another view of the kitchen. You can't see the awesome faucet Rick put in but it's there. We are really proud of it for some reason. I think it has to do with the fact that we thought we were going to have to get copper pipes cut and soldered on to put it in. Then the Lowe's guy looked at us like we were idiots and gave us these flexible pipe thingys you just screw on. I love Lowe's.

The End. Or To Be Continued (if I feel you are deserving enough for me to spend another hour on blogger at some point in the future. Or if someone asks what the bedrooms look like? I may just be all "What bedrooms? This is is 0 bedroom house." Booyah.)

The End. For reals.


2 comments:

  1. Yes I want to see the rest of the house please. I love the part you have showed already. It make me miss you and of course Molly, Dude would like to take her for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I am so glad you finally decided to update the blog I was beginning to think I would have to come out there to make sure you guys were still alive. Miss you guys tons.

    ReplyDelete