Monday, June 20, 2011

Pay up!


Last August (or maybe it was January? We'll use August bc it makes me feel less lazy) Rick propositioned me. He told me he would pay me a dollar for every mile I ran. Apparently money is not a real motivating factor for me. I think I earned a dime over three months maybe even longer. Then he decided we, his mom included, should all run Ft. Worth's Turkey Trot over Thanksgiving. Just a 5K. I could handle that I thought. Besides money, I also had the motivating factor that there was the distinct possibility his mom would show me up. She's only 60 and was definitely training more than me. So I ran a few miles and was just getting to where I could finish just about two miles without collapsing in the middle. Then I started teaching full time. That was stressful and time consuming enough without the run. Basically I had a really good excuse now to bail out.

Rick never paid me though. NEVER. (Ignore the fact that he's been supporting us for the last four years.) Well, he owes me now. I'll forgive the back pay, but as of tonight he owes me five dollars. That bill includes several runs. Don't get too impressed.

Including tonight's almost two miles in the eight at night muggy summer in Arkansas heat. Yumm. What's even better is the pictorial proof:


No, that's not a sweet pregnant glow. I'm not pregnant. That's just unadulterated sweat dripping down my body. Geez, I'm hot.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl. Your amazing and I say he better pay up then. I wish we were closer I made a goal to run a 5k myself in the fall. I figure it's about time I take back over my body now that kids are out of the way. So good luck!!! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was january 2nd 2010. It took you almost 800 days to earn somewhere around 8 dollars. Congrats on setting a personal record. But seriously, I am proud of you running lately. Love you.

    ReplyDelete