Tuesday, June 30, 2009

1 year down...forever to go

Rick and I celebrated our 1st anniversary all weekend. Well, except for Friday, because Rick had to work. But Saturday it was on. We drove up to San Antonio to spend the night at the Hilton Hill Country Resort and Spa. Originally, we were going to tube (or toob, as they apparently spell it in Texas?) down the Guadalupe River but those plans fell through. Then we were going to see "Wicked" at this cool old theatre but those fell through as well. So we just did a little shopping then hung out at the pool at the hotel.
That night we went to dinner at the Grey Moss Inn, voted on of the most romantic resturants in San Antonio. I'm cheesy like that sometimes. It was really good. Rick had a steak and I had salmon. Oh and wild game sausage. It was funny bc our waitress was like whisperingwhen she spoke to us and it was a wine place so they poured my glass of wine and I had to taste it first. I don't care. I'm going to drink my wine whether it is bad or not and I probably wouldn't even notice if it was bad. It was a little embarrassing.
Then we drove around for awhile before our movie started and ended up in the busiest WalMart I have ever been in. It was like the WalMart gods were punishing us for never going to WalMart here in Corpus Christi. Finally, we got to our movie where the theatre was busy too. I am about to have a small nervous breakdown at this point. I don't like crowds or even people that much and this was about to push me past my breaking point. Luckily the actual movie room was basically empty. Then the movie started and, in my wonderment at how old Sandra Bullock look, I forgot about my nerves. We saw The Proposal with her and Ryan Reynolds. It was a cute chick flick. Definitely no Academy Awards here but cute and funny.
To end the night we climbed into a king sized bed and slept like angels. It was amazing.
So not that different from anything we could have done in Corpus Christi but relaxing. It was nice to get out of town and not have to worryabotu the dogs, or work, or cleaning. Especially for Rick. I think he really needed to relax for a day or two.
Now we are on day 358 days of marriage and good wine or bad, a million or more still to go.

1 comment: