Monday, June 22, 2009

Water Activities in Corpus

This is our friend Doug, driving his boat, The Black Pearl. He lives on Tortuga Lane. Seriously.




Rick tubing the canals behind Doug's house on Padre Island. This is before Doug tried to kill us both. Flipping Rick out of the tube and flipping me out of the loose chair on the boat. Sharks and other saltwater predators don't scare us. Doug and his boat driving does.

A horrible picture of Rick and I at the Bob Hall Pier beach. I don't know who Bob Hall was but he's important enough to have a pier named after him so maybe I should. We spent all morning jumping waves like you do when you are seven. Or when you haven't been to a beach in years. It was awesome. Except when I fought the undercurrent for 20 minutes trying to get to Rick. But I didn't have to go to the gym after that.


These are from we went sailing for the first and only time. You know how that went. I'm way to cool and artsy to look at the camera.

But Rick's not. Notice how hard I am griping the splashguard thing. And how dangerously close my head is to the boom. You can't see it bc of the sunglasses but there is fear in Rick's eyes. I am holding the sail as I take this picture.



We are just excited to live somewhere we can do stuff like this. It's been too long, especially for Rick. We can do spontaneous activites too just bc there is stuff happening in Corpus. The other night we went to dinner, didn't want to go home yet so we went to a Sharks arena football game. We ended up with free tickets so that made it even better. The game itself was horrible. Something like a bad jr high game. But still better than sitting at home watching another movie.
Speaking of movies, watch The Hangover. Go. Watch it. NOW. It's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment