Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rick's too lazy to post



Since Rick is too lazy (errr, I mean, busy) to post on his blog, I better update the world on his life as I see it. He's been flying every day except the weekends and yesterday. He has to be at work extremely early, like 5 am, everyday except today. He's flying the C-12 and the other day they stopped an engine mid-flight. He showed me a picture of it. I thought our camera was just really fast and able to take a picture of the prop while spinning. He rolled his eyes at me and Doug, his flying partner and the boat driver, laughed. Buttheads. Then he preceded to tell about turning off the engine in flight. I told him I would rather not hear about that. Apparently, their instructors turn buttons, levers, and controls off all the time to make them deal with in air emergencies. I just like to know that they safely landed.


Now he's studying for his 2:00 flight. Studying fuel drains. Ugghhhh. Not at all fun. He loves it though. The other day he convinced me that one of his instructors told him to study while playing Wii or any video game that took your concentration away from what you were studying. So he played Mario Cart and I had to quiz him on his checklists and emergency procedures. I was this {} close to falling asleep. Then I told our friend about what his instructor said so she could tell her husband and quiz him while he played video games. Rick laughed and told me he made that up so he could play Mario Cart. Ugh.


Oh, I almost forgot. Rick promoted to First Lt. in our living room. They didn't have a ceremony yet so I just pinned his stuff on in our living room really quick Monday morning. I was really dressed to impress in my gym clothes. (I wasn't sweaty and gross, just in my gym clothes)

Oh and of course you want to see what I look like when I go to the gym.


We're pretty cute. It's what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment